Are recreational fires allowed?
- Contained in a metal outdoor fireplace or some other non-combustible container.
- Using only seasoned dried fire wood.
- Kept at least 50’ from any structures or combustible materials (house, shed, garage, wood fence, deck, etc.).
- Provide a means that will keep the fire from spreading to within 50’ of structures (garden hose turned on, shovels, metal rakes, etc.).
- Be in attendance of the open burning at all times.
- Completely extinguish the fire when done.
Can I burn yard waste or trash?
No, under no circumstances can trash or yard waste (leaves, twigs, branches, etc.) be burned.
Can I have a larger bon fire?
Bon fires are only allowed for religious ceremonies and a permit must be obtained from the Fire Department. However, a small bon fire no larger than 3’ x 3’, using seasoned dried fire wood, is allowed if the fire is within 30’ of a lake and must be kept 50’ from a structure