Knowledge Base

My landlord is ignoring issues I have reported to them, what can I do?

The first step would be to take a look at the Michigan House of Representatives, Tenants and Landlords: A Practical Guide.  This guide has been helpful to both tenants and lords with respect to understanding their rights.

Additionally, if your landlord has not responded to your complaints, and you feel there is an ordinance or safety issue, you may fill out a Complaint Form and return it to the City's Community Development Department.  Please forward copies of correspondence with your landlord along with the complaint form.

Updated 6/15/2015 2:35 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!