Knowledge Base

I’m selling my house. How do I request a final water bill and transfer water service?

First, the resident needs to determine when they are supposed to pay their bill through: either through the date of closing or when they turn the keys over, as listed in the purchase agreement of the house. Water bills are a lien on the property.

In order to transfer service, a request for a final meter reading must be called in to the Novi Water Department. No meter readings are accepted over the phone.

The seller, Real Estate agent or Title Company must call 248-347-0496 or 248-735-5661 to request a final meter reading. In the case of new construction, the buyer must call and request a final meter reading so we can bill the builder for what they have used. Please be ready to provide the following information:

  • Date of meter read
  • A contact name and phone number
  • Service address where reading is needed.
  • Mail to name and address or the date you wish to pick up the bill or fax number where the bill should be faxed. Final bills may be picked up at the Novi Treasurers Office (45175 Ten Mile Rd.) after 9:30am the day of the reading.
Updated 6/15/2015 12:20 PM
Was this page helpful? Yes No
Thanks for your feedback!